- Eat twice as many vegetables than fruit. Very important!
- 50% or more should be raw. If not raw, it can be lightly steamed or stir-fried over low heat.
- By and eat organic if you can, because of higher nutrient content and fewer chemicals.
- You can use butter, or Ghee ( clarified butter ), choose Fats are important and a healthy part of the diet. Butter, fish oils, coconut, almond, macadamia nut and grape seed oils are fine. No vegetable oils, canola oil, hydrogenated oils, or peanut oils.
- Sweet potatoes are beneficial and recommendet for the gut and hormones.
- Avoid high glycemic foods ( they cause a fast rise in blood sugar), such as corn, bananas, white potatoes, sugars, corn syrup, etc. As a sweetener you can use Stevia or Agave Nectar.
- People who have arthritis should avoid nightshades such as tomatoes, potatoes, all peppers, eggplant and citrus fruits.
- If you have chronic fatigue syndrome, or Fibromyalgia,, please avoid all citrus fruits.
- Drink lots of water — very important!
- Eat a variety of foods; choose a rainbow of colors
- Salad dressing is allowed, but avoid those with corn syrup, dairy products or processed sugar. A great recipe is 1/ 3 Olive oil, 1/3 Braggs Amino acids, and 1/3 Balsamic vinegar.
- Eat frequently throughout the day. Do not skip meals, it will deplete your Adrenal glands.
- No coffee, alcohol, tobacco and other stimulants.
- Protein: eat ocean fish like Salmon, Cod etc, and organic turkey or chicken. Almonds and other nuts are good too.
- Mungbeans are great to cleanse the body, even better when you sprout them for two days.