Are you experiencing infertility symptoms?
If you are having difficulty conceiving the baby you are longing for, you are not alone. Infertility statistics show about 10% of the population are affected. This condition can be a major life crisis, increasing stress, evoking feelings of loss and despair, and causing substantial financial strain.
Integrative Medicine offers hope and healing
Integrative Medicine offers a gentle and effective approach to achieving conception and a healthy pregnancy. It has been successful for many couples, even after disheartening experiences with Western practitioners:
At Natural Healing Ways, we will walk with you every step of the way towards giving birth to a healthy baby. We combine the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with European Naturopathic expertise and a background in Western Medicine to tackle your individual fertility challenges.
Acupuncture and Natural Medicine have been shown in numerous studies to be a safe and effective way to treat female infertility and infertility in men. We are devoted to providing quality, natural health care through the use of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements. We provide natural treatment for:
- Hormonal imbalances, infertility and associated conditions
- Anovulation, luteal phase defect, amenorrhea, unexplained infertility
- Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, tubal obstruction, uterine fibroids
- Advanced maternal age, recurrent miscarriage
- Stress, insomnia, depression, fatigue
- Immunologic infertility
- Premenstrual syndrome, perimenopausal symptoms
- Improve the outcome of IVF and other ART procedures
- Male factor infertility
- Prostatitis, BPH, and male sexual dysfunction
We also offer acupuncture treatments pre- and post- embryo transfer. Recent research has shown that acupuncture alone can increase the success rate of IVF by 35%. There is evidence that combining acupuncture with herbal medicines and pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements further increases that success rate. Additionally, we would love to work with your reproductive endocrinologist to provide the best complementary care available. Please also read how [intlink id=”790″ type=”post”]Acupuncture can influence the success rate on IVF[/intlink].
Our integrative approach addresses fertility issues in both men and women
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Certain causes of miscarriage
- Advanced parental age
- Low libido
- Insufficient sperm numbers, quality and motility
In addition, our treatments can greatly enhance the results of Assisted Reproductive Techniques.
Integrative diagnosis and treatment
With a holistic perspective, we will conduct a comprehensive initial interview during which we will employ a spectrum of diagnostic tools to pinpoint your fertility challenges. These tools encompass both TCM and naturopathy, and will also take your Western medical history in account.
Diagnostic methods include
- Saliva hormone testing
- Hair mineral analysis
- Kinesiology and muscle testing
- Pulse and tongue diagnostics
Based on our findings, we will then develop a powerful treatment plan to help your body and soul create a harmonious environment for a potential pregnancy.
The plan will be tailored to your individual needs and may encompass TCM methods such as
- Chinese herbs and
- TCM-based dietary counseling
and naturopathic regimes such as
- Detoxification programs
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling
- Whole food supplementation
These methods are effective, safe, and have no side effects. They will be adjusted according to the different phases of your cycle, to optimize their effectiveness.
In integrative medicine, you and your practitioner are allies in the healing process. There’s a lot you can do to take charge of your fertility, even before you start working with your practitioner. Natural Healing Ways recommends:
- Reduce nicotine, caffeine, drugs and alcohol as much as possible,
- Take a natural, high potency multivitamin and mineral complex with iron, folic acid and B vitamins
- Avoid synthetic hormones by eating hormone free meat
- Exercise moderately, and employ deep breathing techniques
- Be patient: It takes at three to six cycles to normalize a woman’s cycle and at least 70 days to generate new sperm in a man.
- Get to know your body: use a Basal Body Temperature Chart (BBT) to record your body temperature, changes in vaginal mucus and in the position of the cervix. Charting will help your practitioner pinpoint potential fertility issues
- Educate yourself: we have put together Internet resources and books that help you feel more empowered.
We love to support you and treat these conditions.
Call today for your appointment
Natural Healing Ways
East Bay Clinic for Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine
1115 Marin Ave
Albany, Ca. 94706