Cranio-Sacral Therapy & Massage
Experience a unique intuitive blend of Eastern and Western massage techniques in a customized session based on your own needs and preferences. We interweave massage modalities from many traditions to engage your central nervous system, and help you fully reconnect to your own natural healing power.
We practice the Hendrickson Method Orthopedic Massage, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Pre-Natal, craniosacral therapy for infants, myofascial release, Swedish/Shiatsu massage and assisted stretching techniques.
By deeply relaxing and letting go of stress and tension, you will be assisted in discovering any mind/body sources of muscle imbalance and invited to release these chronically stressed areas. We will honor your own body’s inner wisdom to help you create the changes necessary for you to directly experience more vitality, more energy and more serenity. Benefits include deeper sleep, enhanced emotional balance and spiritual joy, which you will experience through body work, together with movement therapy, and other self-care practices.
Together we locate and explore sources of tension within your body. We work intuitively and apply delicate manual techniques, while honoring your own body’s inner wisdom, to facilitate unwinding and spontaneous releases.
Craniosacral Therapy is highly effective, for reducing tone in the sympathetic nervous system (Your body’s fight, flight, freeze reflexes, which can get stuck when under unrelenting stress). With your central nervous system unwinding, all of your cells, including endocrine and immune system, have an increased ability to function and self-repair and regenerate more effectively.
Craniosacral Therapy benefits are very effective for releasing myofacial restrictions and archaic wounds anywhere in your mind/body, and for activating your own self-healing abilities for addressing many different types of conditions. **
An intuitive/integrating oil-based massage using the finest organic massage oils. Gentle to deeper pressure is guided by your individual needs and by the health of your connective tissue. I usually include shiatsu acupressure points and stretches to deepen the treatment, and restore balance.
A combination of the modalities listed above can be woven into one session, creating a unique experience to reawaken your body’s own wisdom and well being.
Benefits of Massage & Cranio-Sacral Therapy:
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress levels. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality, Reduced fatigue
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Improved posture.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain
- Improve range of motion.
- Help pregnant women reduce discomfort throughout pregnancy, and experience shorter labors and shorter hospital stays when baby is born
- Ease medication dependence through release of endorphins, for natural pain reduction.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Re-awaken, stretch and improve tone of weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Improve circulation by pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Reduce postsurgical adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Lymphatic drainage.
Call us for your appointment and learn about our healing Services.
Natural Healing Ways